- In the 1950s we fought and won the battle for mandatory inspection of poultry.
- In the 1960s we coordinated a major drive to help chiropractors become legally licensed in over 40 states.
- In the 1970s we waged very successful campaigns against fluoridation.
- In the 1980s we pushed through legislative recognition of acupuncture.
- In the 1990s we lobbied to pass the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act S-784, fought malathion spraying, promoted public education on the dangers of vaccinations, and continued fighting the fluoridation battle.
- In the 2000s we are working to prevent the Codex attempts to restrict your freedom to take vitamins and minerals and we are currently taking action to defeat the Senator Durbin Bill (S.722) that seeks to restrict DSHEA with his move to require dietary supplement manufacturers to submit Adverse Event Reports, to institute a pre-approval process with the FDA for all dietary supplements that are stimulants, and to re-classify anabolic-steroid dietary supplements as Controlled Substances. The other NHF battles include opposing S.1780, S.1538, H.R. 207 and H.R. 3377 (considered the Son of Durbin bill). We are also supporting health-promoting legislation such as the Access To Medical Treatment Act and a repeal of the Kefauver Amendment of 1962 that gave the FDA expanded authority over drug “efficacy” and thus the ability to play favorites with drug companies. We are fighting alongside other countries against a major health freedom threat, one whose goal is to harmonize vitamin and supplement laws that strictly regulate natural health foods worldwide.
Maureen Kennedy Salaman
(NHF President for over 20 years)
Click here to view articles
For those wishing to make a donation to the National Health Federation in memorial of a loved one (Health Freedom News Memorials), you have a number of choices to do so. You may fill out the form in our quarterly magazine, call the NHF office for credit card charge of donation, use our new online store, or fill out and send in the convenient print out form provided on the website. To go to a presentation of how the memorial will appear in our Health Freedom News magazine and link to the print out form, please click here.
Perpetuate our freedom by remembering the National Health Federation in your will.
Liberty, Equity, Fidelity, Security
These four words were emblazoned on the original NHF shield by the National Health Federation’s founder, Fred Hart, over 50 years ago with his vision for people in all walks of life to oppose monopolistic trends in health and protect the freedoms of the American people in all matters of health.