HOUSE POISED TO VOTE ON GOVERNMENT
TAKE-OVER OF HEALTH CARE
By Lee Bechtel, NHF National Lobbyist
November 5, 2009
House Democrats are scheduled to vote on H.R.3962, the Pelosi/Waxman government-run, health-care takeover bill on this Saturday, November 7th! It is urgent that you take immediate action to protect your health freedoms now.
We ask all NHF members and others reading this to contact their Representative in opposition to this assault on American's health-care freedom of choice. Unless it is held up or voted down by the full House of Representatives, this could be the last chance to register your opposition to this legislation.
People can use the NHF webpage to contact their Congressman or -woman by e-mail, phone, and fax at http://www.thenhf.com/government_affairs_federal.html.
Remember, despite all of the media hype and lies about this bill being a “good thing” for Americans, it is nothing more than a huge expansion of the Disease-Care System already existing in this country. It is easy to go along with the starry-eyed crowd, but it takes real character and courage to stand up for what’s right and to oppose what is wrong. And this bill is flat-out wrong!
Among other things, H.R.3962 will:
- Force nearly every American to buy “acceptable” health insurance, or else face a tax penalty (2.5 percent of income) for not buying government-sanctioned health insurance./1
- Create 110 new Federal agencies, commissions, councils, and programs, a huge bureaucratic burden upon the economy and guaranteed to be corrupt and inefficient.
- Establish an institutionalized bureaucracy to decide what medical treatments will or will not be available to Americans, and whose recommendations to the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services will then be considered by him or her as to whether or not they will be accepted./2 In short, one political appointee will have the final say in writing some 300 million Americans’ health-insurance policies! All this power in one pair of hands is nothing but a recipe for disaster and corrupt power.
- Deny the right to keep health information private between health-care providers and patients, since the “privacy” rule permits data sharing for many purposes without the patient’s consent, giving the Federal HHS Secretary access to every American’s personal health records, including psychotherapy notes./3
- Bankrupt an already bankrupt country with costs well over $2 trillion between 2010 and 2020, and a concomitant reduction in Medicare benefits for seniors. As another commentator wrote, “Sorry, but if you want universal healthcare, you can't also have your Amtrak subsidies, or car company bailouts, or troops in 130 countries, or your war in Afghanistan, or your FDA, OSHA, FCC, your Head Start programs, food stamps, winter fuel subsidies, etc., etc., ad infinitum."/4
This is not reform, it simply a vast expansion of the current corrupt Disease-Care System to more helpless victims.
Make sure your elected officials hear from you now regarding this critical legislation. Let's preserve health-care freedom of choice at all costs. There is no time to waste!
1See Section 501 (Tax on individuals without acceptable health care coverage) per the so-called “Affordable Health Care for America Act” (H.R. 3962) (AHCAA).
2See Sections 223 (Health Benefits Advisory Committee) and 224 (Process for adoption of recommendations) per AHCAA.
3 Under Federal HIPAA privacy rules, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary has legal access to every patient’s medical, psychotherapy, and other health records. Covered entities such as doctors, hospitals, and the like are required by law to disclose personal health information to the Secretary (or his or her agents) to make sure the HIPAA rule is being complied with. See 45 C.F.R. Subtitle A, Subpart E – Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information, Sections 164.502(a)(2)(ii) (“Required disclosures”) and 164.508(a)(2)(ii) (exception to “Uses and disclosures for which an authorization is required”) for support.
4 David Galland in Casey's Daily Dispatch at http://www.thedailycrux.com/content/2873/Healthcare.
Please view recent press releases for further information on this topic:
http://www.thenhf.com/press_releases/pr_10_oct_2009.html Stop the Health Care Monster
http://www.thenhf.com/press_releases/pr_06_oct_2009.html Health Care Reform Update
Click on the following links below for individual mailing addresses for
letter writing and other contact info for Congress Members:
As the oldest and best-respected health-freedom group on Capitol Hill, the NHF continues to be the credible source of objective assessment of, and proactive actions on, Congressional legislation and FDA matters that have material impact upon our freedom-of-health choices and access to dietary supplements and nutritional foods.
National Health Federation: Established in 1955, the National Health Federation is a consumer-education, health-freedom organization working to protect individuals' rights to choose to consume healthy food, take supplements and use alternative therapies without unnecessary government restrictions. The NHF is the only such organization with recognized observer-delegate status at Codex meetings. www.thenhf.com
If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, click here.
P.O. Box 688, Monrovia, CA 91017 USA ~ 1 (626) 357-2181 ~ Fax 1 (626) 303-0642
Website: www.thenhf.com E-mail: