Established in 1955, the National Health Federation (NHF) is the oldest health freedom organization on the planet, the ONLY such organization working to protect individuals' rights to choose to consume healthy food, take supplements and use alternative therapies without government restrictions. With consumer members all over the world, and a Board of Governors and Advisory Board containing representatives from different countries, it is the only such organization with a seat at Codex Alimentarius (Latin for "food code"), and one of only five consumer groups present at Codex meetings in a room of country and industry delegates whose motivations are often at odds with the best interest of the people of the world.
The NHF has monitored meetings of the Codex Alimentarius Commission since the mid-1990s and has actually been present at these meetings since 2000. Having recognized the threat early on, the NHF obtained official Codex-recognized status as an INGO (International Non-Governmental Organization), which allows us the right to speak out in support of health-freedom at these Codex meetings, and against the U.S. FDA and Codex agenda. No other health-freedom organization has such status, making the NHF unique in the respect that it is the lone non-governmental voice at Codex for health freedom.
What does all this mean for you? It means representation, a voice, and hope at the global seat of power where greed runs rampant! It means your voice can be heard through the aggressive work of NHF for you and your family.
Snapshot of the NHF's work through the decades
The NHF Timeline
- In the 1950s we fought and won the battle for mandatory inspection of poultry.
- In the 1960s we coordinated a major drive to help chiropractors become legally licensed in over 40 states.
- In the 1970s we waged very successful campaigns against fluoridation.
- In the 1980s we pushed through legislative recognition of acupuncture.
- In the 1990s we lobbied to pass the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act S-784, fought malathion spraying, promoted public education on the dangers of vaccinations, and continued fighting the fluoridation battle.
- In the 2000s we worked to prevent the Codex attempts at restricting your freedom to take vitamins and minerals, to prevent re-classifying of anabolic-steroid dietary supplements as Controlled Substances, and against the attempts to harmonize vitamin and supplement laws which would have strictly regulated natural health foods worldwide.
- Throughout the 2010s we continue our work to keep steroids and dangerous antibiotics out of the global meat and honey supply, to reduce the allowable amounts of aluminum, lead and arsenic in food, to get aspartame declared a dangerous and harmful artificial sweetener, and for standardized full-disclosure food labeling. And our work continues against the harmful agendas of big agriculture/pharmaceuticals concerns.
To learn more about NHF's work over the years, please visit our History and Accomplishments page.